Friday, December 30, 2005

 

Results through 60 Heads Up SNGs and my quest for gold

Been playing some poker again after about a week off. My grandfather has been in bad shape since a bad car crash on Christmas eve, and actually passed away early this morning. Both the loss and timing were bad for my family, but at least grandpa wasn't in pain, and he won't have to fight his cancer anymore.

I've only played maybe an hour or so all week till today when I thought it'd be good to take my mind off things. I played 4 $100 matches today, and I've won all 4. My 4th match was my 60th since I moved up to $100 matches.

My results through the first 30 matches was in the black, but not by a whole lot at 17 wins 13 losses. Don't get me wrong I'll take it, but I'm looking for a higher winning %. I felt that quite a few of the wins were due to bad beats, but some could have easily been avoided.

The last 30 matches have been better though, and I'm 23-7 over that stretch. I feel I'm coming up with a pretty optimum strategy for these heads up matches. Keep the pots small when you are raising strong hands, and raise a little more often than you think you should. Control the pot size, stay aggressive (including calling down when you think you are ahead even if not strong) and you'll win a lot.

$T buying has been going great. Still have over $5000 in T$ and they increase my overall profits by about $8-9 per match, win or lose.

Starting January first as you all probably know stars is starting their VIP program and I'm gonna try and bust my ass and get gold status. I'll have to play 160 matches in January to qualify, or about 5 a day. Should be a fun challange, and at this rate I'd expect about $7000 profit for the month, so wish me luck. At this rate it will only take me about 40 years for the porsche, so hopefully they are still cool when I'm 65. hehe

Good flops in the new year, all!


Cheers,
Tad

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?